Thursday, April 17, 2014

NestPitch BP2: Unsend

Category/Genre: YA Contemporary

Word Count: 64,000

Pitch: After a private sexting session goes viral, humiliated Mila turns to sexy, manipulative Rup to do damage control, unaware that every favor she accepts from him is another step into his twisted world.

If the MC was an Easter Egg, what flavor would they be and why?   
A flavor never tasted, something never hated, never loved ... but especially never talked about.

Excerpt: 300 words


Sitting on a toilet is the perfect vantage point from which to re-examine one’s life.  I mean, where are you going to go?  Shorts around your ankles and nothing but graffiti to read, it’s kind of the ideal spot for self-reflection.  Egos don’t follow you into a bathroom stall.  Pretentiousness has no useful application whilst perched on a porcelain throne.  It’s too bad you spend a relatively brief amount of time on the commode in the grand scheme of things.  Sometimes a little pause is all you need to avoid making a major mistake in your life.     

With my head cradled in my hands and my elbows on my knees, I hear the outer door swing open then slam against its jamb, rattling the metal grey walls around me.  A small herd approaches the wall of sinks, unzipping purses and clicking compacts. 

“Did you ever get to read the whole thing?” I don’t recognize the girl’s voice, but her tone is rushed and guilty.     

“I did,” someone else says.  “My mom walked into the room just as I was shutting it down.  Can you imagine if she’d seen me reading it?  I would have died.”

Oh, yeah, I know where this is going.

“I read it at a friend’s house,” a third says.  “I got to see it just before they figured out how to take it down.  I heard whoever posted it messed with the school’s security access to the Facebook site.  I think that’s why the cute I.T. guy is gone.  He tried to get it down for days before they called somebody else in.  Did you ever figure out how to print it?”

“I have a copy,” the first girl offers.  “Do you need one?”


1 comment:

  1. *Cocktail Bunny sneaks in and leaves 1 box of Caramel Eggs

    ReplyDelete